A List of All the Coins McAfee is Tweeting About and What You Should Know Before Trading/Investing Inside Them
John McAfee has been approving a Cryptocurrency daily for 20 days; he also changed to Tweeting to a coin per week. We list all of his selections here.
Firstwe’ll offer afull collection of coins McAfee is Tweeting about (his coin at this week along with ICO of this week).
Nextwe’ll move ahead to upgrades along with some standard notes concerning what McAfee does and the way you may like to play his selections.
UPDATE: Here in March 2018 the coin of this week along with ICO of per week item has pretty a lot of ceased. Mcafee nonetheless succeeds coins and ICOs, but apparently not at an official “coin o’ the week” fashion. Regardless, we’ll go on to list coins and ICOs he promotes underneath (as this page doubles as a useful list of McAfee coins in any case).
The List of All Coins McAfee Has Tweeted About on Twitter Recently (His Coin of the Day, Coin of the Week, ICO of the Week, and Other Notable Mentions)
The following coins and ICOs were all announced onJohn McAfee’s @officialmcafee Twitter page.
Coins that count toward the 20 (Originallya Coin of the Day, now a Coin of the Week):
- Electroneum (ETN)
- BURST (BURST)
- Digibyte (DGB)
- Reddcoin (RDD)
- Humaniq (HMQ)
- Tron (TRX)
- Factom (FCT)
- Doge Coin (DOGE)
- Stellar Lumens (XLM)
- Syscoin (SYS)
TIP: Originally there were supposed to be “20 coins,” only 10 have been announced so far.
Coins noted but not officially touted as part of the McAfee 20:
- Bitcoin (McAfee touts Bitcoin, but also supports Bitcoin Cash)
- Verge (XVG)
- SafeEx (SAFEX)
- Monero (XMR)
- Zcash (ZEC)
McAfee’s ICO of the Week and Notable ICOs Mentioned:
- Mcafeecoin(an ICO McAfee is the co-founder and director of)
- Bob’s Repair
- Outing-app. com
TIP: Not every ICO noted above is an official ICO of the week. Instead, the above is a list of all ICOs Mcafee has plugged on Twitter after all he started doing his ICO of the week. In practice, we aren’t becoming a formal ICO of this week every week and are getting numerous ICOs per week. Ergo, we’re listing them . Always do your research before investing. When I remember correctly that the last recorded ICO of this week proved to be Knolwedge.io.
NOTE: If I am overlooking some thing feel free to comment underneath. Be certain that you do your own research. John McAfee’s selections are worth wearing your radar, however it’s up to you to research upon a coin or even ICO and be certain that it’s the correct investment for you personally. That is particularly valid with ICOs.
Notes and Updates Around the McAfee Coins
UPDATE/CURRENT ADVICE: The mood of this store has shifted considerably after all McAfee started posting his coin of their day/week. The suggestions underneath applies mostly to the way you’d like to react from the former bull store by which altcoins were performing nicely. From today’s store, where much fewer coins are now performing well, an individual should perhaps not expect rapid gains in amount up on McAfee declaring a coin, and may alternatively typically be careful of coins losing value from the brief term. This information doesn’t apply to ICOs (which aren’t subject into the present store ). My best current advice for Mcafee coins that you would like to have is always to dollar cost average into them with period (intending to purchase the ordinary amount from today before another alt coin rally, that can be months outside ). If you would like to have those coins, then you definitely ‘ll likely wish to take convenience of this earnings a bear store attracts together, nonetheless you’ll also must arrange for a rainy afternoon (that’s, policy for more correction along with also an elongated bear store ). Ergo, a conservative move is to choose the funds you’d invest in the money and also to purchase a normal amount as time passes.
The list above can be advantageous, however it’ll be a lot more useful in circumstance. Below are some upgrades and notes which can help provide circumstance:
For the before all else five days, McAfee Tweeted a coin of this afternoon. But he has turned into a coin per week.
The argumentation he changed to your coin weekly was that robots were draining each coin until the typical man would purchase them and dumping them. This phenomenon each single day has been causing increasing quantities of turmoil.
Then, on Christmas (of days), most of the coins had been quite unceremoniously dropped further than that they were initially based up on (in what I could gather) two pieces of news. 1. SomeFUD spread around Verge and two. McAfee was declaring he’d begin attempting to deceive the robots using graphics; this strategy doesn’t seem to have worked in retrospect by the way. Further, those events occurred on a day when Bitcoin went up, so those trading in BTC pairs got a double whammy after all, when BTC goes down, other coins fall in respect to the BTC amount by necessity.
All that said, the result of the switch has after all been mostly good. That is, the previously announced coins have been a little more steady after all recovering from the initial dump and the move to a coin a week.
Moving forward one will most likely want to avoid purchasing these coins right away, wait until the amount steadies out (starting buy-ins a good hour after the amount steadies, if not hours to days), and then be ready to hold the coins McAfee suggests as medium or long-term plays. Playing these short for a benefit has become increasingly less realistic, as has to guess the coin; now has to wait weeks to months to find out if they are right.
If you do try to play these short, remember to set stops, and be very careful about purchasing the initial candle (once it gets high enough, you’d be better off shorting the coin, although it is risky to do that even if you know what you are doing).
If it is unclear what I’m saying, reference the image at the top of the page that uses Factom as an example using a 5-minute candle chart. That giant green candle on the 5-minute chart is the pump; the next red candle is the dump. Its hard to act quickly enough to play in this space. Instead, if you can start buy-ins after the amount settles, you may see ups and downs from there, but they are unlikely to be as wild as they are in the initial hour or so.
THE ABOVE APPLIES TO COINS, NOT ICOS: The above advice does not apply to ICOs. ICOs you want to invest in should be purchased either during the ICO or shortly after hitting store. However, when they do hit the store, you’ll need to be cognizant of amount fluctuations (just as you would be with a McAfee coin of the week).
NOTE: For better or for worse, the coin of the week has been drifting back down to its initial amount regarding BTC within about 24 hours of it being announced as we saw with Factom, Tron, and Humaniq. Given that, you might want to wait about 24 hours after the coin is announced to start purchasing. Each coin has gone up over the course of a week or so after that initial period, but the before all else 24 hours have been lackluster for the coins of the week so far. Thus, unless you can purchase and sell the initial candle, it might be worth holding off a day to start building a medium-term or long-term position. That said, anyone who bought after the amount settled a bit has done well.
UPDATE MCAFEE TWITTER HACKED DEC. 27: McAfee’s Twitter was hacked (somewhat ironically) on Dec. 27 for a brief moment. The result was that a few fake “scam of this afternoon ” coins were Tweeted about and then quickly deleted. Some of the picks were great coins, but importantly they were not official McAfee picks. The fake Tweet coins were BAT, SIA, PTOY, and NXT.
UPDATES AN ICO A WEEK: McAfee began tweeting about an ICO a week. These Tweets were sent out every Monday. He then started tweeting more frequently, but not at set times. Since ICOs can’t be pumped, and after all there are many, he’s chosen to Tweeting about them often. We’ll continue to keep you updated concerning exactly what his selections would be (see underneath ).
Now, a few general notes to the McAfee coins:
- Most importantly, why you definitely ought to test out John McAfee’s @officialmcafee Twitter page and then follow along with him. His first Twitter page is at which he also declares that the coins. He declares that the coin in 6 am PST daily (which may possibly be harder or easier to be upward for based in your own time zone ). UPDATE: Moving forward he’ll announce that the coin of the week every Monday on Twitter (he also insinuated he would vary the period he Tweets, however, that was viewed ).
- Bitcoin doesn’t count, neither do random projects he touts (like his projects or the ICOs he occasionally mentions; he will make his pick of the day clear). We list some of his other choices underneath, but they aren’t even component of those 20 coins of this time or week or more official ICO statements.
- McAfee usually selects coins which aren’t widely known, have privacy, are decentralized, and have interesting features (like unique code, a neat project, cool tech, etc.). You are often looking at a coin trading under a few cents that has promising features but isn’t well-known. Even though Monero, as an Example, matches the bill, It May not obtain recorded because It’s currently Well-known, has a large store cap, etc..
- There is a rumor which McAfee is profiting from it. We now have to assume he is. What we’re expecting is that he’s got carefully researched each coin also considers in this, and that is perhaps not such as only taking payola into shill some arbitrary coin that’ll wind up being a lousy investment to many others. Let’s assume the most useful and prevent the panic, doubt, and uncertainty (therefore we’ll assume he’s profiting( but sincerely elicits of each and every coin). We expect he is long in most single coin he’s touting and it has been doing his research and investigate. He strikes me as the kind of guy who’d earlier hold these coins in to the bottom then ditch the coin over the afternoon he cites it. The majority of the entities ditching the coins are programmed to follow along with McAfee’s Tweets. I’m convinced the before all else time he said Bitcoin it saw that a cost gain, however, we understand he pulled through this (and people that followed his guide were all rewarded substantially ). It seems sensible he would undergo them as well (and therefore it can seem sensible for individuals to follow suit).
NOTE: Speaking the Verge FUD, in the event that you would like ‘t think people will try to spread FUD to bring down the amount of these coins after they rise in value, you don’t understand crypto. Expect FUD just like the FUD that lost all of the McAfee coins Christmas (it had been FUD geared towards Vergeand I won’t spread it here, you can Google it). If you would panic sell your coin if it dropped enough in amount, then you should have a stop in place beforehand, so you are selling strategically and not emotionally. Panic selling is almost always a bad idea in crypto.
Here are some of my notes on these coins. If you want to play the McAfee pick, there are some factors you need to consider:
- There is a near zero chance that you will obtain in before the initial pump if you don’t figure what coin is forthcoming or possess an API installation to purchase foryou (Bittrex has nearly all of those coins he owes, and that means that you ‘ll desire a Bittrex API AKA Bot). Now, the only real ones becoming before the pump would be individuals who understand ahead, guess right forward, and robots. If you would like ‘t have a bot, and you aren’t McAfee’s bestfriend, then that probably means that you don’t have a lot of of a shot unless you guess correctly or are very lucky with a quick purchase.
- If you don’t or may ‘t play the initial call, there is still a way to play these. The coins McAfee touts tend to pump and then dump quickly creating a “giant green candle, even with a gnarly wick, accompanied closely by a many lower moderate amount. ” After the initial dump it can be a good time to purchase; wait a least an hour, if not 4 or 5 hours, if not 4 to 5 days, after that initial giant green candle until the amount stabilizes. Buying into the giant green candle can be dangerous, but historically purchasing after the initial chaos has worked out well (or, if not well, certainly better than purchasing into the top of the giant green candle). In other words, if you don’t grab a blessed purchase straight away, consider waiting before the amount stabilizes. So much every choice moved up from this very first stable amount (& most even out of its greatest amount ). In the event you mis-timed but followed those rules, then holding isn’t the worst play (as opposed to cutting your losses and selling low). Just keep in mind that you may not have a lot of room for short-term benefits and these are all likely best done as long-term plays.
- If you are lucky enough to purchase immediately, then you might want to sell and obtain out while the amount is still going up. You’ll have moments to obtain a sell-off, and you are up against bots. Once the amount starts falling your human hands likely won’t be quick enough to take on the bots. In the event you forget an opportunity to market, then consider holding for 1 2 — 24 hours partially see whether you’re able to regain a portion of one’s investment (this strategy did some of them, however maybe not so far). Even people that desire to go long in those should decide to try to sell ahead of the first ditch and purchase again. I hate to state this, but its true. You’re going to do this along side everybody, but clearly, this really is the causes of the pure pump and ditch. A number people want it when there weren’t a dump phase, but we have to deal with reality here.
- Finally,if you don’t wish to go long from the coin, then consider taking benefits once you ask them to. This is sometimes accomplished by taking incremental benefits since they occur, or simply by moving stops to lock profits. Nothing states that a coin which really does well now needs to go on successful for the brief term. The majority of these selections may have bright futures ahead, but when you aren’t committed to the coin, there is no need for you to marry it for the next months or years waiting for its value to go up.
NOTE: Assuming you bought before the pump or upon the coin stabilizing, you might want to consider holding a little of each coin long (it’s certainlythe most sportsman-like move to make thinking of your fellow investors and the crypto community as a whole). If we assume McAfee has done legitimate research, you could be purchasing a 3-cent coin today that will be worth 30 cents in a year. That is a great 100x return that people who held Bitcoin from $100 to $10,000 got. I think that is what McAfee is going for here. The short strategies make sense, but consider keeping a bit of your purchase long if it makes sense for you. For example, consider keeping some benefits, a mistimed purchase you “forgot” to set a stop on, or some coin you didn’t purchase towards the most effective.
TIP: To obtain yourself a buy once the amount is set up, you’ve got to place your purchase to get a cost well above the existing market amount. Like wise, to offer once the amount is still crashing, you’ve got to place your sell amount well underneath the present amount. It won’t trigger if you play it too tight. To sell you need a buyer, to purchase you need a seller. If you want to play it safe, set stops and make sure your ask amount is well underneath the conditional amount that triggers the stop; expect slippage!
Trying to Predict Which Coins McAfee Will Pick
Now, let’s discuss which coins McAfee might pick.
No, let’s not.
I have a good sense of some coins that McAfee might pick, but I think it’s irresponsible to speculate on this site.
I already see some of the ones I concluded from my research being speculated on, that isn’t inevitably likely to own a really excellent results when he doesn’t call a given coin (and it could make the store more chaotic if he does).
You can do a Google search for past McAfee interviews and pair that with what McAfee has said on his Twitter page in the past to obtain a good sense of what coins make the cut. Likewise, if you look at which coins randomly all dropped in sync when someone spread Verge FUD on Christmas (around 3 pm PST), you’ll obtain a good sense of which coins people are speculating on McAfee picking moving forward (as essentially all McAfee coins dropped in lock-step at that point).
If you do that research, and you want to speculate on that research because you think you’ve found a great pick, well then, that is your call. I don’t think it’s ‘s a bad move knowing the hazard and enjoy the coin.
You could search to get a coin which had a spike at its own amount and volume across precisely the equal time frame did ETN, BURST, DGB, RDD, also HMQ did. Perhaps you’re keeping track of some thing which transpired once the Verge FUD brought down Verge to get an instant? When it’s an intriguing job, also should it’s privacy features, then 1. It’s maybe not just a bad choice in 2 and general. It satisfies McAfee’s criteria and fits with the blueprint thus far.
To reiterate a preceding mentioned point, I am quite convinced McAfee’s most important goal here will be to offer an increase to coins he enjoys and he could be long in and can endure for weeks or even years. I would like ‘t want to see a ton of people dumping these for quick gains with average investors who potentially don’t have a bunch of money to get rid of trapped in the cross fire. I suppose McAfee doesn’t either.
I understand that most people who would need someone to tell them what coins fit this pattern are probably the equal people who would be willing to hold. Conversely, those who are going for the quick pump and dump, don’t want or desire information.
Still, again, my proposal for the Regular consumer would be your subsequent
- Get a buy quickly by trying to find this 6am-ish PST tweet.
- Sell fast. This really is insecure, however, the worst possible outcome will be that you wind up holding.
Remember whether the amount goes too much and you’re some minutes in, postpone and await measure two. Two (& most of all ). To attend before the amount recovers following the statement and buy (together with the idea being that all coin so much has increased in value following the first chaos)
UPDATE: Remember what I said previously, after all that is presently a coin weekly, you won’t find out if your guess is right for weeks or months. That might change how you want to play that. A lot can happen in a few weeks in the crypto space.
TIP: A good tactic with any coin is to average your buys over time (so you purchase an average amount ) and to set stops (in case the store implodes while your best-laid-plans are being implemented).